Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Story Called Life

For all my life I always searched for interesting stories, not like a reporter, more like an explorer. To find new dimensions, deep emotions, strange complexities, simplest solutions. In one word to find truth. What truth? Truth behind our lives. What are the things that makes this life worth living. Once I thought I was searching for Secret of Happiness, I was searching for light, I was searching for smile. But it took me long to understand that life is incomplete with happiness, light ,smile. What complete life is Sorrow, darkness, tears. It's the darkness which makes us understand the value of light. 



I never wanted to be limited within the boundary of books or classrooms. Because didn't find much interesting stories there. I started searching for interesting stories in books and movies. From my childhood I always lived in my imagination than in my reality. I can remember those days when I used to read Comic Books, specially super hero type like He-Man, Spiderman, Superman, etc. Even I used to dress myself like them (wearing underwear over pant and attaching a towel at my back) and saved the world thousand times in my imagination. I guess I had the urge of making a difference from then.  


I can remember we got television in our home when I was in class six. But no cable connection then. Just National Channels DD I and DD Bangla. When I close my eyes, I can see a boy eagerly waiting for friday, because at that time we could watch movie (with loads of commercials) on National channel only on Friday. I can still feel the sensation of watching so called Romantic Films for the first time. And coincidently hero of all those films were Shahrukh Khan. May be that's why I am so fond of SRK, for teaching me first lessons of love. Though my parents always said "Television is nothing but idiot box. Whatever is shown in films never happens in real life", but they were always liberal about letting me watch television. When I look back to my past, I thanked them for this liberty, because I learned more from movies or TV than from any book. 


Longest movie I had seen at that time was "Kranti" a film on Indian Freedom Movement. I can still remember the moist in my eyes. For the first time I learned people can die for their country. 
I watched "Mohabbatein" renting a VCR in my sister's first birthday ceremony. I learned there are no force stronger than love. I don't know about you, but each story, be it from a book or from a movie taught me many important lesson of life. I will dedicate one post for these one day. 


Memory of one story always surfaces to my mind. It's a Love story by Samaresh Majumder at the time of Political Unrest in West Bengal. Three book series-story of three generation-"Uttaradhikar", "Kalbela" & "Kalpurush". But I liked "Kalbela" the most. I can never forget in my life Madhabilata-Animesh, two lead characters of the story and survival of their love despite of every difficulty.  


Then comes the most interesting and fascinating story I have read in my life-Harry Potter! At that time I couldn't afford to buy HP books, so used to listen to its stories from my friends from Rich Families. I was in class VIII then. Harry Potter movie was shown in our school, I can still remember punching one of my friend for commenting it as boring. Ever since I saw the first movie, I started living more in Hogwarts (School of magic where Harry stays) than in my reality. I started growing up with Harry, eagerly waiting for the next movie to release. With my growing up love for Harry Potter gradually increased, as today I am eagerly waiting for the last two movies to be released. 


I started finding one story after another. But suddenly one day I realized most interesting story I am living actually. When I paid attention to all the people around me, be it my friends,relatives or the stranger sitting besides me in local train, they have some story to tell, but there is nobody to write and share their story to the world. I decided that day, I will write. I knew I was not that good writer. I had not much confidence in my writing, but had faith in the stories of our daily lives. May be one day I will write a book, but I have so many stories to tell, and last night I felt I should start writing, not someday but today, now! 


So from today I will continue this series titled "A Story Called Life" with label LifeStory. Most of it will come from my life, and also lives of people around me. Some of it from my imagination. Even I will allow my readers to share their story too. If you have any story you haven't told anyone before, you can mail me. 



Sourav Ghosh
Email: souravghosh.besu@gmail.com
Website: www.souravghosh.com
Chat Google Talk: souravghosh.besu Skype: souravghosh.ebiz MSN: souravji Y! messenger: souravghosh_besu Google Wave: souravghosh.besu@googlewave.com
Contact Me Twitter Facebook Orkut Blogger Digg Flickr Google Google Reader hi5 Linkedin MySpace Picasa Stumbleupon


blog comments powered by Disqus